Saturday, November 20, 2004
I'm a junkie!
I’ve nothing interesting to report today, but I’m typing this nonetheless – I’m suffering from bloggadiction, which is quite unbelievable considering how vehemently I used to eschew blogs. Somehow or another, there’s just this inexplicable urge in me now to just pen something down or in this case, type – literary diarrhea if that’s the term to describe my current condition. To continue the metaphor, the feeling I get after allowing the deluge of words within me to flow out is akin to purging my human vile – a soothing calmness.
However, this relaxation is costly. Every time I post something in my blog, I end up staying online for thirty minutes even though I’m only supposed to take five, because I get tempted into aimless surfing, which has led to the inevitable escalation of my Internet bill. A point to note: the Internet service in Brunei is frigging expensive - $1.20/hr – and bloody slow, even by dial-up standards. If there’s one thing I miss most about Singapore (family and friends notwithstanding), it’s cable – affordable, FAST and unlimited Internet connection.
I want to go back to Singapore!
However, this relaxation is costly. Every time I post something in my blog, I end up staying online for thirty minutes even though I’m only supposed to take five, because I get tempted into aimless surfing, which has led to the inevitable escalation of my Internet bill. A point to note: the Internet service in Brunei is frigging expensive - $1.20/hr – and bloody slow, even by dial-up standards. If there’s one thing I miss most about Singapore (family and friends notwithstanding), it’s cable – affordable, FAST and unlimited Internet connection.
I want to go back to Singapore!
Posted by De Rui at 9:23 PM
Post a Comment