I feel like shit today. My eyes are bloody sore and itchy from goodness knows what (insufficient sleep?), and my hands just can’t help but rub them persistently – the areas around my eyes are like two huge red patches now. That aside, I got a rude shock this morning when I realized the hours of sleep sacrificed last night were in vain: the second worst-possible scenario I envisaged manifested. I’m actually pretty numb to such misfortune, considering the greater catastrophes I’ve experienced, but it just irritates the hell out of me when my decision to take greater risks almost always backfires. I realize I’m not a very lucky person. But in all fairness to that superior ethereal dude who determines the distribution of luck, at least I’ve not been overly-endowed in misfortune. For that, I’m thankful, though I would still welcome more frequent house calls from Lady Luck.
Seriously man, like if there are two unmarked drink dispensers – one for ice water, and the other for cordial – I’ll usually end up with cordial when I want ice water. I mean what the heck man, it’s a 50-50 guess, and I get it wrong like 90% of the time. Ok, this is a frivolous example, but you get my drift. I’m not exactly the luckiest of people. Yeah…I know what you’re going to say, there are millions of people out there befallen with greater misfortune than just getting icky syrup water, and so I don’t have the right to feel disadvantaged or shortchanged, but should, in fact, feel blessed. Well… all I can say is that unlike the more sinister ones amongst you, I don’t revel in others’ misfortune so don’t give me all the hogwash about the starving African kids with bloated tummies blah blah blah. I’m aware of their misery, but that doesn’t make me feel any better about being dumped by Lady Luck.
Aaargh… now there are ants crawling all over my laptop for heavens know what. There are only computer chips in here, and I don’t think they are as palatable – or even as edible – as their distant potato cousins. Stupid ants!
This is just a bad bad day.
Post a Comment