This is a story about 老顽童. 老顽童 is one of the relatively newer officers to my camp. In fact, the appointment that he is holding now, that of formation safety officer, was only created sometime this year in my camp, and he’s the first to be holding it. His title just reeks of “wayang-ness” lah. Pardon my cynicism, but seriously, I believe the raison d’etre of this post is just to show that the army is making a serious and committed effort in safety by appointing a high-ranking officer to take charge of safety! A waste of resources if u ask me – that is of course assuming that high-ranking officers are capable of accomplishments more productive than just churning out ton after ton of safety directives.
As mentioned, 老顽童’s job involves a massive amount of – frivolous - paperwork, and unfortunately, I’d been sucked into it as well. I don’t mind paperwork; it’s part of my job. But for some inconceivable reason, the work that老顽童 bestows on me is invariably tedious and troublesome. Once is okay, twice is bearable, but thrice and more? That’s just pushing it man. The worse thing is that every time he comes by with some task for me, he would always wear this irritating grin that makes me wonder if he is secretly relishing the trouble that he's putting me through. Seriously man, I’m already darn fed-up to be doing extra work after office hours, and he just has to rub it in with that ridiculously hypocritical grin of his. Sheesh…the mere image of that grin in my head just drives me nuts.
On a totally unrelated note, I must add that 老顽童 is a lascivious bitch; there’s this one time while we were waiting for the safety conference to begin, he actually played some lewd – albeit funny – video clip on to entertain those already present. However benign his intentions were, this was still an official meeting and not some porn film festival. That dude really has no sense of propriety.
Anyway, I hope that bugger leaves me alone next week, or I might just snap and slap that sickening grin off his face.
Post a Comment