Nothing much to report again, except that I took 1½ frigging hours to get to Gadong today when it normally takes half an hour at most. Inexplicably, traffic jams occurred at every corner for both Bus 37 and Bus 1. It was worse for Bus 1; the bus driver detoured to some Ministry of Religious/Community Development or something building to pick up some folks before reverting to its original route. (And yes, just in case I failed to mention, the bus drivers do not follow the bus route all the time. In fact, I suspect that they pretty much have the discretion to go about with their own route so long as they follow the general direction of the planned route, and cover the major destinations.) To top things off, and I don’t mean to be rude here, I just had to have a lunatic sitting next to me on Bus 1. A real authentic madman. You know, the kind that goes about ranting and raving incoherently at strangers. I had already spotted him wandering around the bus interchange where I was waiting for my bus, and was praying casually that he would not board the same bus as me. After all, there are like 10 plus bus services at the interchange. What are the chances of him boarding the same bus as me – and to share the same seat with me at that?! Sheesh…what are the chances man? Thankfully, that cognitively challenged (a more politically correct term, I think) man, was pretty tame by “insanity” standards, apart from the occasionally gibberish here and there, which I can’t really fault him for since I’m guilty of it here myself. In any case, the day hasn’t started all that fortuitously for me.
On a wholly different note, I’m sure most of you must have noticed this before, but I thought I should just bring it up for the fun of it, especially since I’m currently obsessed with anagramming courtesy of Super TextTwist. Notice how the letters of EVIL, when rearranged, can form VILE, VEIL, and LIVE. More interestingly, you can even form a short sentence that actually makes a whole lot of sense with these four words. EVIL is VILE and LIVE(s) behind a VEIL. Is it just pure coincidence? Hmmm…
Post a Comment