Sunday, October 23, 2005
Where is the Libra in me?

I was sorting out my MSN contacts recently, and decided to organize them according to where I first met them. For eg. Primary school, Taiwan immersion programme etc. Then of course there are other contacts that don’t fall under any of these broad categories, of which I’ve categorized under the rather derogatory-sounding “Other Contacts” for want of a better name. Don’t know if it’s just me, but “Other Contacts” just reeks of marginalization, like I don’t consider them to be worthy of a proper category.

Upon the completion of reorganizing my MSN contacts, I realized that I’ve a very limited social circle. More often than not, my friends originate from the schools that I’ve been in – which is not an altogether startling revelation since that’s where I’ve spent most of my time – but that’s where the depressing bit comes in: I don’t really have a life outside my workplace. School and army have been that workplace, and the friends I’ve made in those places constitute a large segment of my social circle. The only exception being those contacts I got from the people in the SuperTeen camp I went to a couple of years back, but those can be discounted since I don’t talk to like most, if not, all of them on my list now. Somehow, I just can’t really gel with people who are younger than me by more than 2 years; maybe, I’m a closet reverse-ageist. I’m thinking of deleting them off my list, but oh well, I guess I’ll leave them there for now because deleting the contacts just make me feel evil – like I’m burning the bridges of friendship.

But I digress. My social life is definitely in dire need of sprucing up. Good grief, that sounds utterly pathetic. But really, I need to start meeting people outside my inner social circle. Maybe it’s time to check out Friendster and meet up with my 2nd and 3rd degree friends. lol Or perhaps, it’s time to join a class when I return to Singapore. Latin Dance classes anyone?

(PostScript: I suddenly thought of joining the PAP Youth Wing, but yeah, just a fleeting thought guys. I don't have any political aspirations. Such are the ideas that transpire in desperation...lol)

Posted by De Rui at 2:23 PM
0 Comments:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com