Monday, November 07, 2005
A Belated National Day Celebration In Brunei!
I was out late last night playing with fireworks at the beach with Poon, Lao Wang, Eng Lee and Victor. It was a blast - many blasts - and extremely dangerous at times too. There was once I unwittingly lit up a "mortar bomb" without putting it in a tube (like I supposed to), thinking it would just fly to the sky on its own, but instead of flying up vertically, it flew horizontally and exploded not too far away from us. For a moment then, I thought I'd lost my hearing. Dangerous, but exhilarating nonetheless. We had pen flares as well, and the guys pretended to be Harry Potter, shouting the magical gibberish, "extrodemus-something-something", that's supposed to ward off the evil spirits. If there's one facet of Brunei that's more exciting than Singapore, it's the availability of fireworks to the masses. We took quite a few pictures, which I'll be posting up once I get them from Poon's camera.
Thereafter, we headed off to some Roti Prata shop on the way back to camp for supper, which certainly brought back fond memories of those late-night suppers with the guys. Sigh...I can't wait to be back!
Thereafter, we headed off to some Roti Prata shop on the way back to camp for supper, which certainly brought back fond memories of those late-night suppers with the guys. Sigh...I can't wait to be back!
Posted by De Rui at 11:44 AM
Post a Comment