Friday, December 17, 2004
$$$ VS Home
It's confirmed. I'm going to get a $250 pay rise! This is really tempting me to extend more than the 3 months that I intended to. Besides that, I've also heard that life in 4SIR is getting from bad to worse: a minimum of gold for IPPT (which is going to be a punishing achievement for me in my current slobbish state), SOC, and not forgetting Bernard - no not the dog - my platoon sergeant. To exacerbate matters, not only do I have to suffer more shit when I do go back to 4SIR, I'm also going to be stuck with just my corporal pay - a measly $500+. Pragmatically, the choice is clear - I should extend. If not 3 months, maybe even all the way till my ORD.

But then, there is this emotional tug holding me back - my family and friends in Singapore. It's really difficult to not be with them for such a long time. Everytime at night before I got to sleep, I would lie down on bed and think of my family and friends doing all the fun stuff - without me. For all the times I've raved and ranted about the inadequacies of Singapore, I still miss it nonetheless. It's still my home, the place where all my family and friends are.

It's a tough decision. Help, anyone?
Posted by De Rui at 6:45 PM
1 Comments:
Blogger WindDancer said...

If you have no plans for the money don't do it. If you're not desperate for the money don't do it. But it sounds like a good deal... :)

11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com